Archive for Notarization


A notarised translation is a translation which is accompanied by an affidavit of translation, the signature on which has been certified by a notary public.

British Columbia is known as Canada’s most ethnically diverse province. There are people from all areas of the world and the majority of them do not have English as their first language. The top 10 languages spoken in British Columbia in 2011 were English, Chinese, Punjabi, German, Tagalog, French, Korean, Spanish, and Farsi. In our office we provide translation services for Punjabi and Hindi.

Some of the documents being translated are:
 – Birth Certificate
 – Death Certificate
 – Marriage Certificate
 – School Certificate

To get your documents translated please contact Harinder Dail Notary Public at 604-503-3853.

Power of attorney for India:

A Power of attorney is a document which helps you to appoint another person called an “attorney”, to deal with your legal and financial decisions for you in other respective countries or here in Canada.

If you are making a power of attorney, you need to fulfil some of the requirements which are very important.
With respect to India according to the new rules which came into effect 2 years ago, the Punjab police have started the process of bringing changes in rules governing the sale of properties of NRIs. If all goes well, no one, even persons having the power of attorney (POA), will be able to sell the properties of NRIs without the involvement of the latter, for that reason, All notarized documents need to be authenticated by one of the Provincial Authorities concerned for authenticity of the notary public before attestation by the Consulate. Power of Attorney (POA) or other civil documents are required to be submitted to the Consulate in original along with their photo copies.

To make a power of attorney the applicant is required to affix his/her photograph at the end of the subject matter on the document, with signature. The power of attorney/document should be signed by two witnesses with their names and complete address. The witness is not required to affix his/her photo but a copy of his/her valid photo identity, preferably passport with visa status, is required.

To learn more and to get helpful advice please contact Harinder Dail Notary public.

Getting Married Overseas

When you are planning to get married in a foreign country, it is required that you submit certain documents to be authenticated. The following documents are the most common documents that you need to submit:
-Criminal record checks (police clearance) or fingerprint certificates
-Documents originating in a foreign country
-Documents originating in Canada in a foreign language
-Translated documents
-Certificates of birth, marriage or death
-Education documents
The documents listed above are to be notarized before you go ahead and send them off to be authenticated. For more questions or to book an appointment please give us a call at 604-503-3853

Letter of Invitation

Do you have a visitor coming from a different country? If you do, it is likely they will need to apply for a visa to enter Canada. In most cases it is required to provide a letter of invitation. This letter contains details about the visitors stay, and the hosts’ personal information. It is recommended by some visa offices that the letter is notarized by a notary public. Citizens of specified countries applying for a Temporary Resident Visa to visit Canada are required to provide a letter of invitation from someone in Canada. The letter of invitation does not guarantee that a visa will be issued. To ensure that you understand the process and all the important documents are in order and notarized, call our office to book an appointment!

Travel Letter/Consent

It’s that time of year again! Just weeks away from the holidays! It is likely that your child may be traveling alone or with only one parent. To ensure your child’s safety and to avoid long waits and questioning, it is recommended that your child travels with a notarized travel letter. A notarized travel letter outlines that the child has permission from both parents/guardians to travel alone or with one of the parents, grandparents or family friends. As a parent it is stressful to have your child travel abroad. To relieve your stress come down to our office and we will happily prepare a travel letter for your child. For more information or to book an appointment, give us a call at 604 503 3853.